2015 Campaign

Campaigning for the 2015 AZAB Race & Rolex Fastnet Race

Friday 22 June 2012

Westward bound

As we approach our final destination, westward bound, it looks like we might
be treated to a second beautiful sunset. Today has been wonderfull -
frustrating at times due to lack of wind, but enjoyable as the wind filled
in this afteroon, so we are now flying along at almost 8 knots.

As we sat becalmed, I had the chance the ponder what things I could do to
acclimatise to life ashore as I get my land legs back. A few ideas sprang
to mind:

1) saw the legs off one side of the bed to tilt the matress at 20 degrees
2) serve meals in a dog bowl, all stirred up into one homogenous pile
3) place two bricks in the cistern so you only get half the flush you need
4) leave a half inch tray of UHT milk in the bottom of the fridge to fester
for a week
5) tie a strop to the AGA to strap myself in when making the tea
6) fit bars around the walls so that I can swing from room to room like an
urangutan
7) take at least two naps during the day.
8) buy a pair of grey sunglasses so everything looks "Atlantic Grey"
9) eat lots of flapjack
10) whilst having buckets of cold water thrown over me.

Alternatively we could just head for the bar and get drunk.

Richard

2 comments:

  1. Your home is like a palace but it will probably feel like a castle after being cooped up for weeks. It has come to my attention that you have beer o'clock time - does this give inspiration when writing blogs and taking pictures - would love to see the blog after Monday (or after bar time!!)Love the sunset. Keep on sailing! G:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please get the bars in our house, all you would see would be me swinging around the house!! :) XXX

    Sox

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive